July 5, 2012

What I Want Most Right Now...

Is this...

That is a mint chocolate chip ice cream cone from Friendly's, on a plain cone.

We have been buying a lot of these lately:


...and I fear I may have become addicted.  I have a moderate portion at the end of every night.  Ok, and sometimes a small portion in the middle of the day if I am working at home.

Today I am working at work, and can't stop thinking about the green, crunchy, minty, sweet, chocolatey, refreshing treat that is sitting at home waiting for me.

Yes, we live in Vermont so I should be eating Ben and Jerry's.  Sure, we try to eat really healthy and locally and blah blah blah, so I really shouldn't be eating a lot of dyed foods.  With unnatural flavors. 

But there is something still so wholesome and pure about the old-fashioned, traditional GREEN mint chocolate chip ice cream flavor.  And, growing up in Massachusetts, I know Friendly's is the best.  Because, like most other amazing things in the world, Massachusetts is the home of Friendly's.  I would even venture to say that perhaps this ice cream is almost local...since it comes from Western Mass, and I grew up in Western Mass, and we are currently near to Western Mass. 

Nothing else really compares.  The chocolate chips crunch in your molars a certain way that is simply perfection.  (And they then get stuck in your molars, but that just means you have a treat for later, when you get to pick out the chunks with your tongue.)  And the green just tastes better.


2 comments:

  1. We have this in the freezer and I have eaten a small bowl of it every night this past week. Same flavor and brand, too. Friendly's trumps every ice cream on the market. This is uncanny. There is something so comforting about the green color. I love it and love that you do, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kermit said it best, "It's not easy being green." And I think that applies to mint chocolate chip ice cream, too. I'm a fan of Baskin Robbins over on this side of the coast because I am a West Coast-born-and-bred girl. :)

    ReplyDelete