June 29, 2012

And oh, how we shall eat...

Just because I'm on the couch doesn't mean we aren't eating well!  Ry has taken his new role of sole-dinner maker to a whole new level.  I swear, I haven't eaten this well in a looong time.

Does this mean that I am not actually that good of a cook? Or that it just tastes better when someone else makes it?  Or are we eating simpler, more wholesome meals where the ingredients just shine on their own?  Or is it that we're starting to eat things from our garden!?  We did just buy a gas grill, which has helped revolutionize and expand our culinary repertoire.

Either way, here is a sampling of our meals recently:

Marinated grilled pork chops and peaches.  Greens from our garden.
Grilled shrimp and whole-wheat linguini with garlic scape pesto.
Boiled beets and greens with butter, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Paaaaastaaa with a hearty chicken and vegetable sauce.  This is my death row meal.  Or my special occasion meal, if you want to look at the lighter side of life.
Steak, beets and simple green salad.
More grilled pork chops, whole wheat couscous and Kat & Ed Tomato Chutney, and simple green salad.
Yeah, that's Mickey Mouse.  Ry made me Mickey Mouse pancakes, for peet's sake!

Here is the recipe from Bon Appetit for the Marinated Pork Chops we used, and we substituted marjoram for oregano.

Enjoy.

1 comment: