April 4, 2012

Weekly Menu 4/1 - 4/7



It's been a grilled cheese kind of week so far.  It's OK to have the same thing two days in a row, right?

Sunday - beef fajitas with sauteed onions and peppers.

Monday - Kate's Nuggs (made by Ry with extra love and extra marinating time - delish) and grilled cheese and avocado on homemade oatmeal molasses bread. I made it from the Tassajara Bread Book, and have finally dare-I-say mastered? the yeasted bread recipe enough to add fun ingredients.

Tuesday - Spring Harvest Parsnip Soup (that I invented!  Recipe coming soon, although, spoiler alert, it's pretty much just like the Squash Bisque recipe, just with parsnips instead of butternut squash...) and grilled cheese and avocado on homemade oatmeal molasses bread. Threw some broccoli into the soup for added BOOM.  And nutrients.

Wednesday - Sweet Potato and Black Bean enchiladas.  I am SO excited.

Thursday - Uh-oh.  Forgot about Thursday.  Looks like we won't be eating after all.

Friday - heading to Massachusetts for an Easter/Birthday weekend with the fam, so who knows what we'll eat tonight.

Saturday - Dad's Birthday Dinner - 2 Roast Chickens, fancy bread from VT, braised parsnips, spinach salad, and I get to make a cake - oh, what to make!?!  When the world is my oyster like this, I am sometimes wrought with indecision.  It's not everyday I get to make a birthday cake of my choice!



 Here is a picture for today that will indicate the theme of my next blog post...


5 comments:

  1. Hi KB,
    I have to make a cake too and I am going to do this one: http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2007/01/flourless-chocolate-cake_11.html
    It is a gluten free chocolate cake and it is delicious. I have made it before. You should try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What looks weird!? Thanks for the recipe - maybe I will give it a go. I just need to check that my Dad likes Chocolate Cake...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for yeasted bread success! And the Tassajara Bread book. Yum. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The spacing in the first line of my comment looks weird.

    ReplyDelete