March 26, 2012

Weekly Menu 3/26 - 3/30

Unrelated to blog post picture, featuring friend Heather, demonstrating how wide the aisles are at a Brooklyn Trader Joe's - HUGE.  

Dang, I am on a roll with blog posts today.  It's probably because I am home sick, which is sad because it is not actually fun to be sick.  But if I've learned anything it's that if I am going to blog consistently, I should probably quit my job.

It's ironic really.  Sometimes I will myself to get sick so I can stay home to get all the stuff done that I need to.  Then I actually get sick, and I feel guilty because I am missing so much stuff at work that I have to do.  Furthermore, when you are sick, you don't actually feel like doing anything productive.  Vicious cycle.  The only answer is to live in France where they work like 20 hours a week or something awesome like that.

Anyways, down to business.  Because I am sick, I am relegated to the couch and the computer, and still have my mental capacities to do some menu planning.  For those of you who don't know the joys of menu planning, there have been two great blog posts elsewhere recently about it from two masters of the universe - Dinner: A Love Story, and Dinners In The FourOneFive.

Monday - tempeh stir-fry, salad and rice (Hoorah! A Meatless Monday!)

Tuesday - chicken and artichokes*, and roasted potatoes

Wednesday - beef tacos.  Finally, back to our weekly routine with friends to eat tacos.  This time the men of the bunch will combine it with racking some homebrew to secondary.  Us females will probably do something equally as exciting, like knit or talk about sewing machines.  (Actually we'll probably talk about how Syracuse is out of the tournament.  Sad face.)

Thursday - ravioli (NOT HOMEMADE - NEVER AGAIN) & homemade tomato sauce, using the last of the jars from last summer.

Friday - shrimp cocktail, and salmon and brussels sprouts.


*Sometimes it takes Ry a few days to read my blog posts.  I'm hoping this is one of them, because this chicken and artichoke dish is actually in a mustard sauce.  I blogged back and forth with DALS about the mustard in this sauce, and I have been assured that it doesn't taste mustardy, or I can simply leave it out.  But if I write the actual name of the dish, Ry might read it and get a preconceived notion about it's mustardiness.  Don't tell.

6 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better! And I'd be on board with the 20 hours/week thing. No problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hear how the chicken and artis goes - thinking about maybe making that this weekend. The pic looks SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO excited about making it tonight. I've been thinking about it all day. I have been in a cooking rut lately, and this recipe might boost me out of it. I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for mentioning me at DALS! I have been enjoying your blog and hope you are on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are welcome, Amanda. I was hoping I wasn't stepping on any toes, but I just thought that your blog post was a GREAT how-to for menu planning as well. I've been enjoying your blog, too, and was happy when you returned from Disneyland. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I already told you this, but I'll say it again - what a hit at dinner on Saturday! served with quinoa and roasted asparagus. DELISH.

    ReplyDelete