March 19, 2012

February Rut & Sunshine

This is my first blog post in a really long time.  A really really long time.  Sorry.  I have a million excuses - I'm too busy; I don't have time; after being at work all day, the last thing I want to do is get on the computer; I have nothing to talk about right now.  I could go on.  But that's not important.  What is important is that I am writing again.  Now.

Yesterday was amazing.  80 degrees in the sunshine, in March!  It was glorious, beautiful, uplifting, inspiring.  It's incredible how just a little warmth and sun can change everything.  It was like having two full weekend days in one.  We got SO much done, and it was great because we did it all together, at a relaxed pace.

We walked around the garden, harvested a few parsnips, and plotted this years layout.  We drank coffee in the front yard with my brother and girlfriend for a few hours.  We wore sandals, shortpants and I, a tank top.  We planted tomato seeds - an entire tray.  We cleaned out the shed, and brought stuff to the dump.  We got wings and burritos at our local eatery.  We watched an NCAA basketball game (my bracket is doing well, I might add).  We cleaned up the yard a bit.  We did two loads of laundry and hung them on the LINE to DRY.  Heaven.  We took a walk / run.  We went grocery shopping.  I read a magazine.  We made potato salad and chicken salad. We bought an old farmhouse sink for our house on Craigslist.  Taco discovered the outdoors.  AND we watched a movie and went to bed.  What a day!

My brother said that he just told his girlfriend, if things are ever bad between us, we have to promise to wait until Spring to make any big decisions.  Because just one sunny day can change everything.

High Mowing Seeds - Cortland Onions.  Planted March 2.



5 comments:

  1. It is so good to hear from you! I was getting worried, but assumed you were going through a busy time. It happens. Welcome back to blog world! I love the last few sentences on this post. Very profound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - it had been too long. I have been keeping up with your blog, just not commenting. Spring is amazing, isn't it!? I might go get an iced coffee right now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a second test comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back to the blog world! I've been remiss about posting blogs recently as well but for different reasons than yours. :-)

    This warm weather has me wearing myself out outside and too weary to belly up to my laptop in the evenings. :-)

    It was so great to see you in person last weekend and catch up on all of the non-bloggables. :-)

    ReplyDelete