February 18, 2012

Recently (or Lists for Today)

We have been eating...
  • Spaghetti and meatballs - a SUCCESSFUL Sunday night meal preparation, with plenty of meatballs to spare.  I used Barefoot Contessa's meatball recipe, except just used beef because that is all we had (and what we will continue to only have for years to come...given that we bought 200 lbs of a cow for Christmas that we slaughtered ourselves).
  • KALE - I never thought I'd see the day that Ry said "wow, this kale is great. Can i bring it for lunch tomorrow?"  He's come a long way since seeing it only as lizard food.
  • Strawberry ice cream and Hershey's chocolate syrup
  • Smoothies with vanilla yogurt, frozen peaches and fresh squeezed orange juice
  • Lentil and Sausage Stew - it's cliche at this point, but thanks Ina... I didn't add the red wine vinegar and it was just fine
  • Bowls and bowls of citrus - grapefruit, clementines, oranges...it doesn't matter.  I don't know what I would do without this thing:


We have been thinking about...
  • Starting seeds for the garden season. It's time to start onions, and boy golly, we have been eating our home-grown onions from last year for months now, and still have plenty left, without any rationing.  It's the greatest gardening achievement of my life.  They are big, beautiful, surviving storage, and quite flavorful.
  • Our next moves with our land in Massachusetts.  The sugar shack is down (except for ruins now), there are a handful of trees left, and we've burned a few of the giant piles.  I think our next step will be to talk to the excavator man and talk about him leveling the land come Spring time.

  • Brewing beer - but what else is new?
  • Exercising - between yoga, walks, and Ry's new sneakers, we hope to whip ourselves into shape.
  • the Top Chef Finale
  • Me buying a new car - Subaru or Volkswagen?
  • How cuddly and cute Taco is becoming.  He is biting less! But he's started to jump INTO the sink in the kitchen.  No bueno.

 

2 comments:

  1. I know! I can't find the time right now for some reason. I hope to do one soon...do you wanna do a guest post?

    ReplyDelete