January 31, 2012

Weekly Menu 1/29 - 2/5

Breakfast and lunch always end up being a crap shoot, a mix of leftovers, cream of wheat, yogurt, and sandwiches, so I'm just going to stick to dinner plans.  That's my favorite meal of the day anyway.

Sunday:  Beef Barley Soup, using a variation of the Joy of Cooking recipe.  Added carrots, celery and more onion.

Monday:  Fancy Ramen.  Tweaked a recipe from December 2011 Bon Appetit for Faux Pho.  Used marinated tofu, additional mushrooms, spinach and udon noodles.  O. M. G. it was so good.
                *Note to self:  Apparently, Ry does not like cinnamon.  When I make again, I will omit the
                cinnamon so I don't have to hear "It tastes like a Christmas candle!" again...which it did not, by
                the way.


Tuesday:  Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and peas.  Adapted from Barefoot Contessa's meatloaf recipe.  Learned I can fake Worcestershire sauce by mixing soy sauce, sriracha and a pinch of ground gloves.  (Cloves, not gloves.  Cloves.)

Wednesday:  D+K's for Tacos!

Thursday:  Kate's Nuggs, edamame, rice.

Friday:  Pizza, trying out a new crust recipe...too bad I forgot where I found that new crust recipe.

Saturday:  Roast Chicken from, guess who, Barefoot Contessa!

Sunday:  SUPERBOWL, so Patriots Deviled Eggs, Giants-Meatballs on a stick, Tom Brady's Favorite Crudites and Dip, Patriots-will-win Chili, Giants Suck 7-layer dip, Giants-are-the-worst Buffalo Wings, and Patriots-are-the-champions Brownies.



2 comments:

  1. Your super bowl menu is hilarious. (Although I am married to a Giants fan, hence the new t-shirt for xmas.) I want to know why the game is on a Sunday evening? Can't someone switch it to Saturday, so you can go and visit friends, maybe have a few adult beverages, and not have to wake up for work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Too bad for you, Giants fan. You're from Mass, though, right? How do you deal with what must be an internal conflict? I also agree on the whole Sunday evening thing - same with the Oscars, Golden Globes, Grammy's and NCAA championship. I can't stay up late on a school night, people!

    ReplyDelete