...getting up early, making coffee, listening to VPR, and NOT rushing around. I even tried my hand at a true French Omelet with fines herbes yesterday morning, a la Jacques Pepin. But I failed. Because my pan wasn't non-stick enough.
...scrambled eggs with fines herbes
...Ry wearing sweaters (it's that season!)
...Project Runway (Finale tomorrow! The only one I don't want to win is Josh. And I think the guy whose name begins with a V will win. Vince? Val? Why don't I know that?)
...chard stir-fry, like my brother taught me (see below)
...Hipstamatic for iPhone
Chard, a la Joshuah
Warning: garlic content is high and spicy. don't eat before a job interview.
Serves a lot, and some for lunch the next day
- As much chard (or kale) as you can get your hands on: washed, stems removed and chopped. Chop leaves roughly and set aside.
- 1/2 large onion, chopped (or any shape / size / kind you like)
- 2 big cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 glug of olive oil
- knob of butter
- crushed red pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper (absolutely necessary)
Other options: Add white cannelloni beans before you add the leaves. Throw in some Frank's Red Hot-marinated tempeh (already sauteed). Serve over rice. Yum.